February 5, 2014. Earlier this week, Partner John M. Driskill had the opportunity to speak to a group of Social Workers at Dialyspa in Houston. Mr. Driskill presented information on the Social Security disability process, to help the social workers understand how they might be of assistance to any disabled individuals they come into contact with. The topics covered were:
1. When should the individual file for disability benefits?
2. Is an attorney needed and how can an attorney help?
3. Tips on developing or strengthening medical evidence to support a disability claim.
4. How the “Grid Rules” work, i.e., how the Social Security Judge may factor in an individual’s age, education, and work experience.
5. Examples of how SSA looks at several specific diseases under their “Listings”.
6. What to expect at a hearing, even such mundane topics as “what to wear”.
An attorney from Morgan & Weisbrod would be pleased to speak to your group about disability law and the entire process of applying for Social Security disability benefits. If we can be of assistance, please call our offices at 1.800.800.6353.
by Carl M. Weisbrod Managing Partner of Morgan & Weisbrod, Board Certified in Social Security Disability Law