There are a number of great sources on the web for those who are researching their disability benefits case – but finding accurate, up-to-date information on disability law and disability benefits eligibility can be difficult. Below, we have provided our readers with a number of web sites that can help you learn more about your Social Security Disability and veterans’ disability benefits case and the disability benefits application process.
- Benefits CalculatorThe Social Security Administration’s website provides benefit calculators to estimate your potential benefit amounts using different retirement dates and levels of future earnings.
- Social Security & Supplemental Security Income Disability Programs Administered by the Social Security Administration, the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income Disability programs are the largest Federal programs providing assistance to people with disabilities.
- US Department of Veterans AffairsThe Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans in the United States.
- VA Disability Compensation RatesMilitary.com provides tables showing the 2011 VA compensation rates for veterans with a disability rating 10 percent or higher.
- Disabled American VeteransFounded in 1920, the now 1.2 million-member Disabled American Veterans (DAV) is a non-profit organization dedicated to building better lives for America’s disabled veterans and their families.
by Carl M. Weisbrod Managing Partner of Morgan & Weisbrod, Board Certified in Social Security Disability Law