Just because you live with a disability does not mean that you will not be able to work again in the future or that your dreams of having a career are over. In fact, if you believe that you could re-enter the workforce, despite your health condition or when your health condition improves, the Social Security Administration (SSA) has a number of services and programs designed to help you seek meaningful employment and begin to support yourself again.
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
One of the SSA’s employment programs is called Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA). The program consists of 102 separate projects located across the country that helped those currently receiving disability benefits to find fitting jobs, develop their careers, or retrain for new work opportunities.
While individual WIPA projects may offer slightly different services, all locations are equipped to help individuals:
- Determine whether they may be eligible for work incentive programs.
- Help them plan a re-entry into the workforce.
- Let them know their health coverage options after entering the workforce.
- Inform them about job training or career development opportunities.
Texas WIPA projects
There are over one hundred WIPA projects across the country, including seven different WIPA projects located in Texas:
- Imagine Enterprises in Abilene, Texas
- Valley Association for Independent Living in McAllen, Texas
- SAILS, Incorporated in San Antonio, Texas
- Crockett Resource Center for Independent Living in Crockett, Texas
- Easter Seals North Texas in Fort Worth, Texas
- Houston Center for Independent Living in Houston, Texas
- ARCIL Incorporated in Austin, Texas
Do you need the assistance of a Texas Social Security disability benefits attorney? If you are having difficulty securing benefits despite a valid disability claim, we may be able to help. Contact Morgan & Weisbrod today to talk to an experienced lawyer and set up a free, private meeting.
by Paul B. Burkhalter Managing Partner of Morgan & Weisbrod, Board Certified in Social Security Disability Law.