Your pain doesn’t show up on a CT scan or MRI. Your debilitating fatigue can’t be measured in a blood test or seen on an X-ray. Even when symptoms are persistent and extreme, there may be no objective medical evidence to support a Social Security disability claim.
Yet, you suffer from pain or chronic fatigue so severe and debilitating that it leaves you totally unable to work or to accomplish the tasks of daily life.
And You May Still be Eligible for Social Security Disability
For decades, our Social Security disability lawyers have represented clients suffering the disabling effects of fibromyalgia, chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, and other conditions that may be hard to prove medically. We understand the frustration that accompanies symptoms that can’t be seen and we fight hard to get our clients the fair Social Security disability benefits that they deserve.
When there is no objective test to measure the symptoms you are experiencing, we may help you by:
- Encouraging you to document the disabling effects of your condition. This may include keeping a diary of daily activities and describing how your symptoms affect your ability to work and function.
- Working with your doctor to make sure that your doctor is accurately documenting how your condition affects your life.
- Considering depression and other conditions. Sometimes, people who suffer from chronic pain or chronic fatigue also suffer from depression. We will take a holistic look at your case and aggressively pursue Social Security disability benefits for depression if you may qualify for such benefits.
- Making sure that your initial Social Security application is complete and well documented. This may increase your chances of having your application approved.
- Pursuing all levels of appeal as quickly as possible so that you can get the Social Security disability benefits you deserve as soon as possible.
If you suffer from chronic fatigue, pain or other hard-to-measure symptoms, don't lose hope. Instead, contact the Social Security disability lawyers at Morgan & Weisbrod today for experienced and effective representation.