Requesting an on-the-record decision as part of your Social Security disability claim in Dallas has many advantages. If granted, an on-the-record decision will allow you to avoid the need to attend a formal hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge. It will also allow you to expedite the process of receiving your benefits. Waiting for a hearing during the appeals process can take many months. In some cases, it could even take years. On-the-record decisions, however, can be received much faster since they can be reviewed by both administrative law judges and qualified attorneys.
Why should you consider hiring an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to assist you with obtaining an on-the-record decision in Dallas? Consider these five reasons:
- An attorney knows how to write a brief for the Social Security Administration that adequately supports your request for an on-the-record decision. These briefs must be carefully crafted to demonstrate that your claim meets the requirements of the Social Security Administration.
- An attorney knows exactly what types of evidence will best support your request for an on-the record decision. The Social Security Administration will be looking for specific medical phrases within this medical evidence, which your doctor can incorporate into your paperwork with the help of your lawyer.
- Your attorney will know how to negotiate for a new disability date if there is any question as to when your retroactive benefits should begin. If not, you may miss out on a few months worth of pay.
- Your attorney will know how to answer the questions of an attorney adjudicator if they arise, in a manner that adequately addresses the merits of your case.
- Your attorney will have the experience to draft and submit a proposed decision to the Social Security Administration. This can significantly speed up the process, since if your claim is approved, you will not have to wait for the administrative law judge to write a decision.
Hiring an attorney to assist with your request of an on-the-record decision as part of your Texas Social Security disability claim will likely increase your chances for success. To learn more about Social Security disability claims, find Morgan & Weisbrob on Facebook! We encourage you to share our helpful information with your friends and family.