It can be frustrating to know that the information that you need is out there, but inaccessible to you. Accordingly, the Social Security Administration (SSA) allows you to choose how you would like to receive information.
Your Choices for Receiving Individual Notices
The SSA allows you to receive notices in one of the following ways:
- Standard print notice in first class mail
- Standard print notice by certified mail
- Standard print notice by first class mail with a follow-up phone call
- Braille notice and standard print notice in first class mail
- Microsoft Word file on a CD with a standard print notice in first class mail
- Audio CD and standard print notice in first class mail
- Large print notice and standard print notice in first class mail
You may request a change in your preference for a particular notice or for all future notices by contacting the SSA.
Your Choices for Accessing Social Security Publications
You may need to access Social Security publications in addition to the individual notices you receive from the SSA. You can choose to access these publications:
- In standard print
- In large print
- In Braille
- On audio cassette tapes
- On compact discs
Standard print and audio files are available on the Social Security website. Other formats can be obtained by contacting the SSA.
Our Social Security disability lawyers are also dedicated to helping people who are blind or who have other kinds of disabilities get the Social Security disability benefits they deserve. Our board certified attorneys would be pleased to provide you with a confidential consultation. Please call us today at 877-898-1581 for more information.